The Finnish Union of University Researchers and Teachers has insured you with the mutual insurance company Turva. Membership insurance includes non-occupational travel insurance and non-occupational accident insurance. It also includes professional liability and legal expenses insurance. You are also insured under Organization insurance whenever participating in organization tasks or events.
- The insured include union members, also retired members.
- The insurance is valid until the day on which the member turns 68. The insurance also covers any children under the age of 15 years who are travelling with a member (the term children refers to the insured person’s own children or grandchildren, the children of the insured’s spouse and any children living in the same household as the insured).
- The insurance covers medical expenses in case of a travel illness or accident. The insurance also covers costs caused by cancellation or interruption of a journey or a missed departure.
- Compensation must be applied for within one year of the date on which the expenses accrued.
- The insured include union members, also retired members. The insurance is valid until the day on which the member turns 68.
- Accident insurance includes compensation for treatment expenses, up to 8 952 € per accident (no deductible). Compensation for permanent handicap is up to 17 904 €. Partial handicap is compensated by the degree of handicap. Compensation for accidental death is 5 265 €. Compensation must be applied for within one year of the date on which the expenses accrued.
In all insurance matters, Turva serves you in English at +358 1019 5110.