The Finnish Union of University Researchers and Teachers has insured you with the mutual insurance company Turva. Membership insurance includes non-occupational travel insurance and non-occupational accident insurance. It also includes professional liability and legal expenses insurance. You are also insured under Organization insurance whenever participating in organization tasks or events.
Membership insurances are valid in Turva to 31 December 2022.
- The insured include union members, also retired members.
- The insurance is valid until the day on which the member turns 68. The insurance also covers any children under the age of 15 years who are travelling with a member (the term children refers to the insured person’s own children or grandchildren, the children of the insured’s spouse and any children living in the same household as the insured).
- The insurance covers medical expenses in case of a travel illness or accident. The insurance also covers costs caused by cancellation or interruption of a journey or a missed departure.
- Compensation must be applied for within one year of the date on which the expenses accrued.
- The insured include union members, also retired members. The insurance is valid until the day on which the member turns 68.
- Accident insurance includes compensation for treatment expenses, up to 8 952 € per accident (no deductible). Compensation for permanent handicap is up to 17 904 €. Partial handicap is compensated by the degree of handicap. Compensation for accidental death is 5 265 €. Compensation must be applied for within one year of the date on which the expenses accrued.
In all insurance matters, Turva serves you in English at +358 1019 5110.